Monday, August 29, 2011

So many books to read

Posted by austenfan at 8/29/2011 11:39:00 PM
This long weekend definitely brought back my love for YA (young adult) fiction. It started with Nightshade by Andrea Cremer, which I stayed up late for just to know what will happen with the story as I turn the pages of the book. Now that I've read the preview for the third book, though, I'm feeling kind of frustrated with it. However, that's another different topic so I'll leave that for a separate blog entry.

Anyway, Nightshade left me craving for more YA books and now I'm on a hunt for more. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick the best of the latest YA releases! You might be asking yourself what's so great with YA, though. For me, it's just that things are so much more fun and interesting in the young adult setting. Maybe it's because I'm still young (or young at heart) or because I just don't want too much cynicism when it comes to my books, but YA definitely works for me. I'm not saying that I dislike the other genres, though - just that YA will always have a special place in my heart. Haha.

The varied plots is also one of the reasons why I like reading YA fiction. The story could be about a couple who met through a free dating site or a different type of love story with a hint of fantasy. The thing is, the plot is sure to be interesting (at least, most of the time it is).

What about you? What book genres do you like reading? Any favorite book titles?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare