Thursday, July 7, 2011

Romance authors... and my obsession with them

Posted by austenfan at 7/07/2011 09:49:00 PM
Is it just me and the books I read or do every single romance author seem to have such a happy and romantic love life?

Seriously, every time I turn to the back cover of a romance book (to the part where the author is introduced), I always read something like... "(insert author's name here) is now happily married to her high school sweetheart and has three loving kids. Is this some sort of requirement for a romance author? Like, do they need to be happily married or else their publisher would refuse to sell their books or something? Or is it just that people who are blissfully in love and happy with their respective partners are the ones who have the ability to create such inspiring, romantic, and heartfelt stories?

Please don't take this post as me complaining about romance writers and how happy their love lives are. I'm not bitter or anything, okay? Sometimes, I just wonder about them since I'm a big fan of their books. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare