Friday, June 3, 2011

Friendster no more?

Posted by austenfan at 6/03/2011 11:46:00 PM
Remember how Friendster used to be so popular way back when? Granted, it didn't reach the same popularity status that Facebook now has, but you have to admit that it is pretty much the major social networking site back then. Actually, it was the only social networking site that I frequent that time.

In case you haven't heard, Friendster decided to change the theme of the site. Gone are people's profiles, together with the ever-so-popular testimonials from friends. I'm not sure but I think the site now focuses on music and gaming. They offered some type of program that will automatically export your photos and profile comments to the user's personal computers, however, I didn't get to use it. I think I tried to use it once, but my laptop refused to cooperate with me then and I just went ahead and cancelled the download. Yeah, it's sad that I won't get to read all those funny testimonials again, but I guess what matters more is that I did get to experience how fun Friendster can be.

I still prefer Facebook over it, though. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare