Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who loves to send text messages?

Posted by austenfan at 4/06/2011 11:00:00 PM
I admit, I'm not really a fan of sending text messages. Although most people seem to be addicted to sending them that they'd even purchase a wilson cell booster than suffer having a bad phone signal. Sure, I send messages regularly, but not to the point that I can keep up a long conversation by sending these text messages. I know I'm among the minority here, but I just don't like back and forth replying through SMS.

Maybe I just get tired clicking the keys in my phone whenever I try to send long messages. Also, it's a bit hard to formulate a message nowadays, since every single difference in the writing style of the message can mean a lot of things for some people. For example, when a person forgets to add a smiley at the end of his message, the receiver of the message sometimes assumes that the message sender is mad at him for some reason. You can't also text using uppercase letters since this will be misunderstood as the text message equivalent of shouting. There are just so many existing text messaging principles out there that you can't afford to make a single mistake in how you construct your message as this can serve as a cause for misunderstanding.

That's why I seldom engage in drawn-out text message conservations. That, and the fact that I'm saving up my mobile load. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare