Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When boredom strikes...

Posted by austenfan at 1/11/2011 09:58:00 AM
It's funny how when we're really busy and still have a lot of tasks to finish, we just want to take a break, relax, and do nothing. However, when we find ourselves with nothing to do, we get this restless feeling and keep looking for something - anything else - to do. Do you feel the same way? Or is it just me?

Well, what do you do when boredom strikes? Personally, I have yet to find an effective way to combat it, although, I do try by keeping myself occupied with other things. Some of the things I try to do are:
  1. Remember if you have anything else on your to-do list. You might be missing something there. After all, it's better to check it since you don't have anything else to do, right?
  2. Look for some worthwhile activities, preferably something that's both enjoyable and enriching. I can't cite samples for this one, though, since I'm currently looking for a new, fun, and exciting activity myself!
  3. Talk to your family and friends - about anything under the sun! Talking stimulates the brain, and while you're at it, you don't notice the time passing by. Plus, you get to strengthen your personal relationships!
Now, I'll be off trying to follow my own suggestions. Hopefully, I'll be a little less bored afterwards! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare