Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I want to attend a ball!

Posted by austenfan at 1/25/2011 09:51:00 PM
When I was younger and was still reading Sweet Valley books, I became fascinated with proms and homecoming dances and the numerous other balls that they seem to have at school. I remember feeling excited for the day when I can attend one too!

However, when the "prom" season came, I found that I wasn't as enthusiastic about it as I expected to be. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they held it at our school and not at another place with better ambiance. Also, I didn't have as much self esteem as Jessica Wakefield (in the Sweet Valley series), who seems to look good in anything she wears in the book. Thus, my gown wasn't really awe-inspiring and I didn't put much attention to my hair and make-up. The prom's attendees were a mixture of two different year classes, so I guess it's also understandable if I was a bit intimated by the other upperclassmen, no matter how cute some of them looked in their coats and ties.

Now, though, I'm beginning to regret that I didn't have as much fun as I wanted to. I should have danced more and socialized more with other people, even if I didn't know them all that much. Haha. Hmm, I wonder when I could get to attend another ball?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare