Thursday, October 21, 2010

Magnified.

Posted by austenfan at 10/21/2010 09:34:00 AM
I've heard of foreigners going to the Philippines to avail of services that are much cheaper here, by that I mean education and uh, cosmetic surgeries. Sorry, I can't think of other examples (but I'm pretty sure there are lots more. Haha)! Anyway, so things should be cheaper here, right? Yeah, not necessarily.

I've talked about how much I like reading the Women's Health magazine, so I decided to look it up online to see which actress/model currently graces their international cover. You can just imagine my surprise (and envy) when I saw that 99 cents per issue sign at their site. Wow, that's almost a third of the magazine's price here. You can get all those fast weight loss tips and other diet-related articles for such a low price. Huh. I'm thinking I should probably get a US based friend who can send me those magazines monthly! Haha.

I'm not really sure why magazine prices are so high here... but... well, that's just how it is. How about you? Any ideas on why magazines are so pricey here? :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare