Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why I don't link my tweets to my Facebook account

Posted by austenfan at 2/04/2010 02:28:00 PM
I'm a fan of social networking sites, specifically Facebook and Twitter. I can stay up to date with the latest goings-on in my friends' lives and they, in turn, get to know more about me! And they have a nice interface, which helps in getting people to not lose interest in their services.

I love Twitter and Facebook. However, I don't think that they go hand in hand. Let me tell you why.


Facebook is the current "it" site (?) today. Everyone uses it (of course I do not mean this literally). All my friends can't seem to let a day pass without logging on to their accounts to update their statuses, upload new photos, or just look at their other friends' profiles (cough, stalker, cough). In short, for me, Facebook is for the people I know. They could be personal friends or online friends, it doesn't matter, as long as I know them.

On the other hand, I use Twitter for an altogether different purpose. My followers on my Twitter account are mostly made up of other bloggers and random people who just randomly follows account (I think). Hence, my tweets are still personal - in the sense that they're my own, honest thoughts and reactions - but in a more subtle way. Like, I wouldn't go around giving off my phone number on Twitter! But, in terms of socializing with people, it is every bit as effective as Facebook. Through Twitter, I'm getting to know a lot of people - all over the world. :) And it's really fun hearing the opinion of those who you don't know personally and sometimes, coming to appreciate and admire them.

Bottom line:

Facebook:personal and intimate
Twitter:insightful without being too touchy-feely

________

Am I making sense? :p

1 comments:

janis on February 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM said...

same same! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare