Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I read books because it's fun!

Posted by austenfan at 2/03/2010 05:40:00 PM
I love to read. As long as the book piques my interest, I'll read it. It doesn't have to be a bestseller or an award winning book. If I like it, then I'll read it. But of course, like many other book lovers, I have my favorites too.

Before, I used to read classics - like novels by Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters. Though they can be a bit hard to understand, I really enjoyed reading them. Then, I got to reading chick lit. Chick lit is, if you don't know, a genre that always has a female (who is into her twenties or early thirties) as the protagonist. The female is usually single, fun-and-fashion-loving, and is out looking for her Mr. Right. Think Confessions of a Shopaholic and The Devil Wears Prada. Afterwards, I started reading romance novels - both contemporary and historical. And they awakened the inner hopeless romantic in me. I don't think I'll ever tire of reading romance! Then, one day, after giving in to my curiosity, I decided to read a James Patterson book and discovered the thrill of reading thrillers. From romance to thrillers? That's a big jump, I know! :)

Now, I'm in love with young adult books. I know what you're thinking. Here we go again with the Twilight bit. Yes, I love Twilight. But what most people don't know is that there are a lot of other really, really good young adult books out there. Some of the best I've read include The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, Graceling by Kristin Cashore, and Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey. I could name more of them if you're interested. So, for those who love Twilight, I suggest you try reading other young adult books. I'm sure you'll discover a lot more books to love. Plus, you'll develop your love for reading!

What am I reading now? [I'm supposed to be reading it but schoolwork's been kinda hectic lately.]

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (the second book in the Uglies series)

2 comments:

Badong on February 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM said...

I love reading books! sayang nga lang hindi na ko nakakapag-basa ngayon dahil sa sobrand daming ginagawa. though I read the Bible daily. na-miss ko tuloy sila RL Stine at iba pang tropa! hehe

austenfan on February 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM said...

Haha. Oo nga, super busy. Different kind of reading na lang - academic. :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare