Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear laptop, please bear with me.

Posted by austenfan at 2/08/2010 09:25:00 PM
First off, let me warn you that this entry is going to revolve around my laptop. So if you're the type of person who gets irritated once another starts talking about his/her gadget, er, you might not want to read this. :)

This is my laptop.

It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro M-200 something model and it's more than two years old. When I bought it, I was really satisfied with it. It looked sleek. It has a Vista Business OS. And it has this uber cool fingerprint detection thingy, which I don't really use much, but still, it looks good so I like it!

But now, I'm afraid it's nearing its expiration date. The bluetooth/wireless function is not working anymore. The DVD-RW sometimes (actually, most of the time) fails to install. I think it's also getting a bit slow. :( And did I mention that the battery does not work too? As in, it's powered by electricity whenever I have to use it - like a desktop computer! *Sigh* If only I had more cash, I would get a new netbook for myself. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy one right now so I'd have to bear with it and hope that it bears with me too! :p That reminds me, I need to backup all my important files in case it just fails to load one day. Oooh, I have so many files it would be convenient if I could just use an online backup service for that!

1 comments:

Creative Chronicler on February 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

I feel your pain. I too have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Mine is about 5 yrs old, but so slow I began to avoid using it. It also had to be plugged in to work. I have been putting money aside and finally managed to get a new laptop that I'm blissfully happy about. Not to plug a retailer but I have to share that I looked and compared for a long time and except for clearance items, I found Walmart had the best deals. Good luck with your current laptop. You might want to try a reistry cleaner. Despite their promises, they won't help a tremendous amount but it will help some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare