Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Anime Nostalgia(ish)

Posted by austenfan at 12/22/2009 10:17:00 PM
I know I’ve said before that I used to be addicted to watching anime shows before. What you didn’t know is that I used to collect stuff related to my fave anime shows too! By stuff, I mean anything and everything that has their pictures on it. I even found some playing cards from my anime stash [bought years ago, of course].

Yuyu Hakusho (also known as Ghost Fighter here in the Philippines) - one of my favorite anime shows of all time

I was so much of an anime junkie back then that I remember buying a Yuyu Hakusho manga (the pages were colored!) - written using Japanese characters! I know! You can call me crazy, I'll forgive you. LOL. That would have been fine if I had someone who could translate the comics for me. If I'd known about it, maybe I could have used an online service to do the translation for me. But as it was, I didn't have a handy translator back then so I had to content myself with looking at the pictures and trying to imagine what was going on with the story! I had a pretty good (and creative) imagination back then so I didn't really regret buying the manga all that much. :)

*Sigh* Those were the days. Now I'm too busy to have time to watch (and look out for) new episodes of anime. I think the last one I watched was the Vampire Knight series... any good recommendations? :)

2 comments:

jogz on December 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM said...

i did not get addicted to animes really :) but i know one, my classmate.. who's really really buying anything as long as there's an anime character in it hehe :)

Joebs on December 24, 2009 at 4:44 PM said...

I've been an anime fan since high school although I've watched some shows as a kid, but I was never such an addict. I only have one manga, Tsubasa Chronicles (English yeah:D)...

I loved Yuyu Hakusho! I thought it was just something for boys but I watched it on Animax every morning in the summer.. it's cool ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare