Monday, December 28, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Yuyu Hakusho (also known as Ghost Fighter here in the Philippines) - one of my favorite anime shows of all time
I was so much of an anime junkie back then that I remember buying a Yuyu Hakusho manga (the pages were colored!) - written using Japanese characters! I know! You can call me crazy, I'll forgive you. LOL. That would have been fine if I had someone who could translate the comics for me. If I'd known about it, maybe I could have used an online service to do the translation for me. But as it was, I didn't have a handy translator back then so I had to content myself with looking at the pictures and trying to imagine what was going on with the story! I had a pretty good (and creative) imagination back then so I didn't really regret buying the manga all that much. :)
*Sigh* Those were the days. Now I'm too busy to have time to watch (and look out for) new episodes of anime. I think the last one I watched was the Vampire Knight series... any good recommendations? :)
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
That's all fine and well but it can get really bothersome when I'm trying to save money (what with Christmas fast approaching and all the gifts I need to buy) so I'm making this sort of to-do list for whenever I enter a bookstore (for the next few weeks or so, at least):
- If you really need to buy a book, just bring enough money for that book alone. That way, you avoid making impulsive purchases.
- Stay away from your greatest temptation (Eh?). I mean, if you love romance, it would be best if you can confine yourself to the mystery/thriller section. Or if you really can't resist it...
- Make sure that you only look at the titles. Make a list of the books that caught your interest, go home, mull it over and try to decide if you really do want to read those book(s).
- Or if you see a lot of books that you think you'd just LOVE and you really can't help but buy them right away for fear of not seeing them again when you go back the next time, just try to pick your favorite among the bunch. Or maybe your two favorites, at most. Haha.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
2. Going to a bookstore and finding out that the book I saw there the last time I was there is not there anymore!
3. Having a cold. I'm sure you know why. I feel bad. I look bad. My voice sounds bad! Btw, I'm taking Sinupret right now as it seems to work best. Still, any suggestions? Meds or homemade treatment or whatever? :)
4. Why Bookdepository dot com does not include Philippines in the list of countries that they ship to. Imagine, FREE shipping! Plus, online shopping is cheaper! Argh.
5. Finding out that my phone's battery is on its way to ballooning out due to overcharging. (Not that I'm surprised, as it's been with me for 3 years now.)
*back to watching, er, waiting. :)