Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jane Austen, Why do I love thee?

Posted by austenfan at 9/29/2009 10:49:00 PM


Some of you probably already know why I use the username 'austenfan'. Well, for those who don't... I picked it because... I'm a fan, of Jane Austen.

To know more about Jane Austen and her life story, you can take a look at this article from Wikipedia.

Like so many others, I first fell in love with Austen's work through her book, Pride and Prejudice. Who wouldn't right? What with characters like Mr. Darcy - who, I'm pretty sure, still is the ideal man for a lot of romantic saps out there - and the independent and stubborn Lizzy Bennet. After that, I just knew that I had to read the rest of her books. I was so in love with the characters, and this amazing fictional world that she created that I even recall feeling really sad after I've finished reading all of her published novels. To date, Persuasion still remains as my favorite among her books. :)

I guess what I really love about Jane Austen is how her books always seem to end with happy endings. I know, I know, it's so predictable. But that's me, forever the optimist and a hopeless (or hopeful) romantic. Besides, I know that deep down, we're all really silly romantics at heart. :p


4 comments:

Creative Chronicler on September 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM said...

As an admitted Mr Darcy lover, I agree Austen is one of my favorite authors. Her stories really are timeless. Great post!

Joebs vi Britannia on September 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM said...

I call myself a bookworm yet I have never read anything from Jane Austen! D: My mother loves her books and so does my online bookworm friends. I HAVE TO get a copy of her books. D:

austenfan on September 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM said...

@Creative Chronicler: Timeless, indeed! :)

@Joebs: Haha yes, you really should! :) Hmm, if you like swoon-worthy heroes, romance (obviously), and happy endings, I think it's safe to say that you'd love Austen too! :)

mich on November 2, 2009 at 3:24 AM said...

What makes a good Austen novel is that she gets her MAN. Everyone aspires to get her own Mr Darcy. I did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare