Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where do I get my traffic?

Posted by austenfan at 8/16/2009 07:16:00 PM
With my blog's recent transfer to its own domain came the loss of PR and Alexa rank. I guess I have to work more on blog hopping and dropping ECs to get back that traffic. As for the PR, I'd appreciate it if you guys (who have my blog on your blogroll) would update your links. :)

Onto the topic of traffic:

(I grabbed this meme from some of the book blogs I've seen recently.)

Google Analytics is actually a great way to track your blog's visitors (where they come from and how they came about your blog).

I went ahead and looked at the keywords people search for that lead them here, and these made the top ten:

1. hot shot jerry yan
- Hmm, I should probably do more blog posts on Jerry Yan. :)

2. jerry yan
- Like I said.

3. avalon.ph
- I think I did mention the site for a contest I joined.

4. "babble.com" too commercial
- Um, what?

5. "let the right one in"
- I think it's a movie that one of my co-bloggers recommended. Hmm, didn't know comments could be searched!

6. adgitize drop page rank
- Okay, I never said this.

7. as uncreative as
- I remember one of my blog entries having this phrase in the title.

8. austenfan
- Oh my gosh, someone's googling me?! LOL.

9. boso sa overpass
- Now, this one really cracked me up! :p

10. captain frederick wentworth as a hero
- It's good to know that a fellow Captain Wentworth fan visited my blog! :)

5 comments:

SuperGulaman on August 17, 2009 at 7:49 AM said...

aheks...the best way to get more...more...and more traffic is to spam your links to other websites...lolz...although unethical... it was effective... :D

austenfan on August 17, 2009 at 9:28 PM said...

Really? That really works? Though I don't think I'd have the courage to do that. :p

Frances on August 18, 2009 at 12:39 AM said...

Haha, sikat! Someone's Googling you! In the words of my friend Kate T, "You're nobody until you're Googled." Hahaha!

austenfan on August 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM said...

@Frances: Haha. Though I think somebody was just looking for a fan of Jane Austen or something. Or maybe that's me googling myself. Haha. :D

Josette on September 15, 2009 at 7:17 PM said...

I've never used Google analytics before, only used Stat Counter to find out who's visiting my page and popular keywords. Will try and dabble with G.A. and see if I can find anymore interesting info! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare