Friday, May 1, 2009

Nuffnang > Adgitize (At Least, I Hope So.)

Posted by austenfan at 5/01/2009 12:07:00 PM
Several weeks back, I logged on to my Nuffnang account and saw that I've lost my Glitterati status. :( I then remembered that to maintain being in Glitterati, you're not allowed to put up any Southeast Asia based ads. The only ads I had then were Adsense, Adgitize, and Project Wonderful. After some quick deliberation, I took of my Project Wonderful ads then emailed Nuffnang about it. They replied that if there aren't any SEA ads on my blog, I should be able to get my Glitterati status back within 3 to 5 days. So I just sat back and waited.

A couple of weeks have passed and I'm still stuck with my non-exclusive membership. So earlier, I googled and looked for bloggers who've lost their Glitterati status too. And found out that Adgitize was causing it. (And they're not even SEA based!)

As of now, I've taken out the single Adgitize ad on my sidebar. I've made only above a dollar there and I think I've got a better chance of earning with Nuffnang (I hope!).

Will update when I become a Glitterati member again. :)

9 comments:

online writer on May 2, 2009 at 2:55 AM said...

honestly i'm quite disappointed about adgitize lately.the earnings have lowered this April despite the fact that i had more click points,ad point,etc.i've been spending so much time daily just to click ads and yet i earned even less than $1 this month!this time i won't focus on gaining as much points but i'll retain adgitize for the sake of gaining exposure for my blog.i think u made the right decision by taking out your adgitize ads if earnings are concerned.

riel on May 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM said...

I,too, experienced the same situation. Now I know what's causing my non-exclusive membership with Nuffnang. =)

austenfan on May 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM said...

@online writer:
Yep, Adgitize earnings have decreased a lot. Before, I could get around 8 cents per day and now it's down to 2 cents. And you're right, it's just a waste of time to click on ads since it doesn't do much for your earning. Good luck with Adgitize! :)

@riel:
Hope we get back our Glitterati status! :)

cornyman on May 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

Hmm, i see a difference in Adgitize as long as you publish ONE article daily. When i have more than 200 points i get between 15 and 26 cents/daily

-just click all the ads (> 60) = 100 points

-write one article each day (no matter how short or if it's just a picture/video)

-add the maximum of 10 ads to your blogs to increase the ad views!

- and then look for other traffic sources to get more pageviews (i drop entrecards ;-) )

Let's have fun with EntreCard and Adgitize!
cornyman, who drops EntreCards ;-)

austenfan on May 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM said...

@cornyman:
Lucky you! Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to click on the ads and I only have one blog. LOL.

And thanks for dropping by! :)

LIZZIE on May 2, 2009 at 7:20 PM said...

how good is ur nuffnang when u had the gliterati status?

austenfan on May 2, 2009 at 7:25 PM said...

@LIZZIE:

It's actually the first time that I had an ad campaign so I'm just relying on what the Nuffnang site says (that Glitterati members, get 70% more, if I remember correctly. And that they would most likely get more ads.) :)

Mike Yip on May 3, 2009 at 1:41 PM said...

If Adgitize is not an Asian ad provider, how can they remove your glitterati status?

Have you question Nuffnang about it? It would be unfair of you to have one of your revenue source cut off even though it's 'unrelated' region wise.

austenfan on May 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

^From one of the blogs I read, it seemed like they consider adgitize their competition... or something like that. haha. Anyway, I'm just hoping I get my Glitterati membership back. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare