Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hung Up On Wolverine

Posted by austenfan at 5/16/2009 03:02:00 PM
I finally got to watch the X-Men Origins: Wolverine yesterday. And now I'm still obsessing over it. Did I like it? Hmm, not sure cause when it comes to this stuff, I tend to get really biased (depending on the storyline). Anyway, I can't say what I really want to without giving the movie plot away so, might as well. :)

L-R: Kayla, Gambit, Logan, Victor, Wade

Here goes my thoughts/complaints/praises regarding the movie:

If you don't like spoilers, STOP now okay? :)

  • The beginning was very intense but I thought it wasn't explored more. Like why was Victor in James' (Wolverine) room at the time? And why was Victor jealous of him from the very beginning????
  • Hugh Jackman was his usual marvelous self.
  • The one who played Kayla was really - no better word for it - beautiful!
  • More Ryan Reynolds! Appearing on just the beginning and the end? And what did they do with him at the end? Unacceptable! LOL.
  • Since Gambit was just, way up there on the gorgeousness scale, I just had to look him (character) up. Then found out that Gambit was supposed to be Rogue's love interest. WHAT? Why didn't they put him in the X-Men Trilogy then? He would've been infinitely many times better than Iceman! I can just imagine him and Anna Paquin together *sigh*.
Here comes the part that just really frustrates me:
Why oh why did Logan have to forget everything? To forget Kayla and fall in love with Jean Grey? I don't know... it's just so... wrong.

Yah, I know! I'm so irrationally affected. Haha. Other than my complaints, I'd say the movie was spectacular! Great stunts, effects, acting, etc.

Oh and I forgot to mention, Daniel Henney was there (Agent Zero) so that makes 4 (for me) dreamy actors in the film. :p

Anyway, here's more on Hugh Jackman:

5 comments:

Joe L on May 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM said...

my question is: Adamantium was fused with his bones using syringe-like apparatus this enclosed his curvy claws but after the fusion his claws suddnely became sharp. Any explanation?

austenfan on May 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM said...

Hmm. I'm not sure but I think his claws were pretty sharp even before. They were just enhanced by the adamantium. But of course that's just my opinion. LOL.

bam said...

weee ang cute nga ni gambit! hahaha. sya ung favorite ko nung sa cartoons pa kaya nainis ako na wala sya dun sa trilogy. ang cool kaya ng powers nia! hahaha. =)

Joebs vi Britannia on May 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM said...

Haha! I loev Wade (Ryan Reynolds) and Gambit! 8D Yeah, Gambit's supposed to be Rogue's sort of 'lover' and he should've been in the trilogy (love triangle with Iceman maybe?).. but at least..he showed up. 8D

I was really surprised that Kayla's sister happened to be Emma Frost! Emma's like Scott's future wife or something when Jean died..

And yeah, Kayla's so beautiful. I think she would even make a better Vittoria in Angels and Demons than the girl who played the character (she looked so old).....

austenfan on May 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

@bam: favorite ko dati si cyclops and rogue. ewan ko kung bakit. haha.

@joebs: wow, really? never heard of emma frost before. but then again, i don't really know much about x-men. :p wah. i'm hoping for another x-men movie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare