Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Enlistment Brings Out the Worst in Me. Or Maybe Just Worse.

Posted by austenfan at 4/08/2009 08:56:00 PM
As my internship plans turned out to be... well, just that - plans, I decided to spend my summer doing far more useful though not necessarily pleasurable things. I mean, thing. Yep, taking summer classses - which is pretty much my routine since I started college (except for that one term when a massive case of laziness and a sudden love for Jane Austen struck me). Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm nothing if not ordinary.

Yesterday marked the beginning of the summer registration. Same old, same old. Check your eligibility. Request for your form 5A. Chat with others while waiting for your form 5A. If you don't have anyone to talk to, you'd probably just stand there and be by yourself hoping you might get called next (sounds too familiar. haha.). After you get your form 5A (finally!), the magic begins. Or adventure. Or misadventure. Whatever you want to call it, but technically called the ENLISTMENT. (Take note that it comes with 'the'. :D)

Which leads me to the main part of my story. So, we got there (at the College of Science) all sweaty and breathless (and trying not to look lost) and saw this loooong queue for the enlistment. And all my high hopes just went *pop*. Walking toward the end of the line, we saw some batchmates relatively closer to the enlist-er. Then and there, without having to say a thing, we both went ahead and just squeezed ourselves in the queue with them. And well, you could guess what happened next. People behind us didn't do or say anything but I knew we were getting glares from all of them. Waaaah! And this girl behind me started talking really loudly about us. I wanted to get out of there right then. But I didn't, of course. Might as well do it all the way, right?

In the end, we got our classes and everything was fine and dandy. With all of that said, I guess what I really want to say is SORRY! to all those who were there that day. to those who didn't get to enlist as we filled up the slots. :( (On the very off chance that someone from that queue would stumble upon this blog). And I hope you did or will get your classes for this term. :D (I'm actually feeling a little less guilty already. hehe.)

11 comments:

Ayang on April 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM said...

Bad Issa! Bad!

Hehehe...

Leoj on April 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM said...

wah. kapag hindi ako natuloy sa internship, isa akong malaking bum. haha. naku naku dapat matuloy ako. may recommendation letter pa kasi, kamusta naman bakasyon na. hindi na ko makakakuha. huhu

austenfan on April 9, 2009 at 12:59 PM said...

@ayang: oo nga eh, guilty me. haha

@leoj: pwede pa naman ah. sa monday kuha ka, pero ang alam ko dapat ikaw ata gagawa tapos papasign mo sa dept. hehe.

eva on April 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM said...

hi thanks for visiting my blog. naalala ko tuloy college days ko. =)

allaboutevamee
yellownpink
starbuckscitymug

austenfan on April 10, 2009 at 1:47 PM said...

hi eva! thanks for dropping by! :)

Leoj on April 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM said...

ayos na. pumunta ako nung thursday sa UP, andun si sir tony. bait nga eh. nagreply siya sa text ko. haha

yey! sana tuloy na tuloy na ito.

philos on April 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM said...

Wow! Sounds fun... internship for what course? I was an intern too before, but I never had to do whatever "enlistment" is.

bam said...

hahaha and to think, sabi mo ansama ko nung sumingit ako sa pila ng Form 5A. ayan tuloy. hahaha. =P
*peace issa! hahaha*

austenfan on April 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM said...

@philos: internship for chemical engineering, I envy those who were able to get one. :( Btw, enlistment's like signing up for a class. It's a hard task since there's almost a 10:1 ratio of students and the slots available.

@bam: masama na. huhu. i'm sure gagawin mo din yun if you were in my place. haha.

philos on April 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM said...

You mean you weren't able to get one? How come? ..is this a requirement for graduation or elective? If it's required, then how come the chances of getting enlisted is appalling?

austenfan on April 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

^ I was able to get it (by cheating and squeezing myself in my friend's place in the line. haha). And it's not required (kind of like a minor subject), it just so happened that the class I wanted was really in-demand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare