Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Commuter in Distress

Posted by austenfan at 4/19/2009 09:40:00 PM
I used to commute all the way from Cavite to Quezon City. And though it's a long journey, I didn't mind it so much. Then I began staying at a dorm, turning me to the lazy being that I am. I don't understand why just when I've moved into a dorm and started having longer hours of sleep, getting up early in the morning turned into a greater feat for me. But, enough of that since that's obviously not the topic of this post. haha.

So yeah, this summer I decided not to stay at the dorm and reverted back to my commuting ways. It was going well, riding the jeep, the usual. But what do I find at the Quezon Avenue? An overpass. Did they really need to put that up? I'm pretty sure traffic wasn't that heavy there before. Anyway, it's not so much the concept of an overpass that I mind but the construction of the overpass itself. If you've ever seen an MMDA overpass, you'll know what I mean. If you haven't, here's a photo:

The image is from Flickr and I'm in no way claiming it. hehe.

See those spaces between the steps? That's what I'm rambling on about. I mean, couldn't they have covered up the holes? How about those people who have fear of heights (like me, for instance)? Seriously, as I was going up that overpass, I briefly considered going back to go jaywalking. Good thing I didn't. LOL.

Lesson learned? Take the MRT rather than the Pantranco jeep. :p


8 comments:

Ayang on April 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM said...

naku! takaw-boso ang overpass na yan sa mga marunong pumwesto.

problema ko rin yan! fear of heights! hehe..

bam said...

kanina nag-MRT kami na jeep tas ginamit pa din namin yung overpass. kumakanan na kasi ata yung jeep rather than deretso sa MRT station. hehe walang takas. =P

(or baka pala trip lang ng jeep namin un kanina.)

austenfan on April 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM said...

@ayang: buti lagi akong naka-pants. hehe.

@bam: talaga? sakin hindi. baka biglang nag pantranco yung sinakyan nyo. haha.

philos on April 21, 2009 at 12:30 AM said...

Haha... I don't think covering those steps would make you fear it less. FYI though, I heard Bayani mention that the reason this is so, is to discourage thieves and vagrants from hanging out there. The logic being that the police can see them clearly.

austenfan on April 21, 2009 at 11:43 PM said...

Hmm. That makes sense. But still. haha.

pehpot on April 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

yay! I hate those stairs.. katakot naman umakyat jan, parang mas OK pa ma jay walking..

oh sure we can have exlinks..

just tell me when your done so I will the same..and tell me kung anong gusto mo, blogroll? badge display or follower ex? :)

edjiii on April 27, 2009 at 8:59 PM said...

halu. haha. nako ngayong week na ito magbbonding kami ng mmda overpass sa north ave. naffeel ko na rin ang hirap magcommute. kasi yung usual route ko simula sa bahay papuntang up ay medyo ok pa e. ngayon sa magallanes ako pumupunta, grabe pala ang mrt pag peak hours! hahahaha. nako siguro yung mga babaeng nasasakay dun sa part na puro lalaki, para silang prinsesang nasa sardinas. hahaha :D

yung mmda overpass na yan, nappraning ako at baka ma-shoot yung paa ko dun sa butas o kaya paano kung biglang bumigay yung step na yun, parang hindi stable e haha

austenfan on April 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM said...

@edjiii: nakakaupo pa naman ako sa MRT. hehe. magallanes ka pala? kala ko sa balara ka lang. grabe ung overpass no? kaloka, ang laki ng mga butas. haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare