Friday, March 6, 2009

Too Bad for Kellogg's

Posted by austenfan at 3/06/2009 10:17:00 PM
Living in a dorm leads to all kinds of decision making chores - the most common of which, in my case, is choosing where to eat dinner. I often end up having to eat fast food (McDonald's, KFC, Jollibee) which isn't really good for my overall diet. :(

Lately though, I've taken to just buying pastries or packed chicken w/ rice meals at a nearby grocery store. Earlier, as I was weaving through the Rustan's supermarket, looking 'round for potential dinner meals, I noticed a sign indicating that increased rewards/points for their Fresh cards are available for certain products. (By the way, Fresh cards are used to earn points which can be converted to GC's or even cash, I think.) So, I decided to find the said labeled products (even though I don't own a Fresh card, haha) and found that all Kellogg's products are marked. It seems that lately, people are afraid to buy the brand's products due to the whole salmonella fiasco. Even if their cereals aren't on the list, you can't blame the people for being extremely careful. Too bad for them. (I'm not really a fan of cereals so I'm not really that much affected.)

Moving on, I'm so sick of eating out (here in Katipunan, at least) but still too lazy to buy and cook ready-to-microwave foods. LOL. I miss home-cooked food!

6 comments:

Ron Centeno on March 7, 2009 at 12:07 AM said...

Thanks for the info austenfan. Now you got me thinking. I like Kellogs. I guessI need to be careful too.

judie_may on March 7, 2009 at 9:01 AM said...

Walang sasarap sa "lutong-nanay". :)

edjiii on March 7, 2009 at 7:11 PM said...

sabi sayo ang bilhin mong dinner ay wheat bread at tuna. daig mo pa ang nagfasting ng bonggang bongga. hahaha.

kala ko by kellogg's ang ibig mong sabihin ay cerealicious. :| baka batuhin tayo ni fedi. hahaha.

unrelated chorva (tinatamad lang akong magcomment ulit dun sa isang post).. etong week na ito ang calm before the storm. hahaha! biruin mo next week eee1 lab design + eee1 long exam 3 + es12 long exam 3! whatamigoingtodotoforcemyselftostudy?!?!
hahaha ;P

austenfan on March 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM said...

@ron: just to clarify, as far as i know, their cereals are on the "safe" list. (kellogg's, don't sue me, lol.)

@judie_may: definitely. (haha, sipsip sa nanay)

@edjiii: hate u! you're ruining my "happy" moment. hehe

bob on March 11, 2009 at 3:57 AM said...

you can start by learning how to fry stuff. :D

austenfan on March 11, 2009 at 6:35 PM said...

@bob: yeah, you're right. i'm about as undomestic as can be. :( though, cooking isn't allowed at our dorm so it's not really an option. haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare