Sunday, March 8, 2009

On Gyms, Saunas, and Steam Rooms

Posted by austenfan at 3/08/2009 08:41:00 PM
The first time I went to Fitness First, I was able to use only three of their equipment: the treadmill, stationary bike, and the one where you use both arms and legs in a sort of walking (or running) motion. Despite that, I enjoyed the experience. Yesterday, I, once again, went "gym-ming" courtesy of my friend's guest pass. And that was when I was truly able to appreciate the beauty of FF and its super cool machines! There was this one equipment where you get to just sit and simulate rowing in a boat, which is probably my favorite since it takes the least effort to use. And did I mention that they have several TV screens where you can watch movies and shows while you do your thing? There's a refreshment bar, where you can get free water, soda, juice, or even make yourself a cup of coffee. Plus, computers with internet access (which you can use for free)! Yes, I'm getting really excited just talking about it. haha. Anyway, my favorite part happened right after the workout phase, which you may have already guessed from this entry's title. :)

Steam room! :D

Wow. I could, like, just stay there forever. That is if I didn't have to worry about heat strokes or getting burned. I'm not sure if steambaths have any other health benefits aside from making you feel all nice and warm, but everyone should get to try it at least once in their lives. Yep, you don't know what you're missing. lol.

Sauna - which I didn't get to enjoy. The temperature in the room must have been close to boiling point! Ten seconds in it and I want to get out already. haha. It's either I have super low tolerance for heat or sauna lovers have really thick hides. haha. Kidding.

I'm lovin' Fitness First! And itching to be a member! But for which, I'd need two things that would be impossible for the next year or so: cash and free time. sad. lol.

In the mean time, I'm hoping for gatepass-entries. :D

9 comments:

Leoj on March 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM said...

wow yaman naman ni issa! pafitness fitness first lang! haha

ako rin, plan ko maggym to gain weight.hehehe. pero hindi sa FF, walang budget dun! haha

Ron Centeno on March 9, 2009 at 12:51 AM said...

I'm always at the sauna and it really feels good!

Sige na magenroll ka na? :-)

Tama ka dyan ang hirap mag balance ng oras.

austenfan on March 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM said...

@leoj: di no! guest pass lang yung ginamit ko. haha. buti ka pa to gain weight ang reason. hmp! haha.

@ron: try ko, pag may money na and di na super busy. hehe.

Hammed on March 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM said...

Which Fitness First? I'm using the one in the fort. I might see you in there, hehe. Regarding the steam room and saunas, it is recommended to stay for 5-10 mins. It's good for your skin.

Membership in Fitness is costly but I couldn't find any other better gym. Give it a try!

austenfan on March 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM said...

@hammed: The one nearest to our village, at SM Las Pinas. Yeah, I really want to sign up for a membership. Hmm. Maybe after I graduate. haha.

eMz on March 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM said...

i think fitness first is too expensive for me to tire myself out. hehe! but i've heard the facilities are good. ^_^

austenfan on March 9, 2009 at 11:38 PM said...

@eMz: yep, you're right. the facilities are excellent! ask your friends if they have gate passes (like i did, haha) to try it out yourself. :)

Crissy on March 11, 2009 at 3:48 AM said...

sauna is very relaxing for my body. back in my gym days im always at the sauna after doing my work outs. at first, it's felt suffocating staying inside the sauna room but you'll get used to it.

Traditional Custom Saunas on May 7, 2009 at 11:22 AM said...

If you do get to go back to First Fitness you should try the sauna again! Sauna's can really be a great place to relax once you get over the intense heat. Just try to avoid going in after someone puts water on the sauna rocks, that's when it can feel particularly unbearable. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare