Thursday, February 12, 2009

i can't get enough of it. or him. haha. (a sort of book review)

Posted by austenfan at 2/12/2009 04:26:00 PM
I've recently started reading the wonderful wonderful Blue Bloods series. And it TOTALLY. BLEW. ME. AWAY. This is the first book (or series, really) that I felt this immensely for since the Twilight Saga. The storyline is really captivating and you just can't help but sympathize with the characters (or sometimes, just plain hate them). Currently, three books for the series have been released: Blue Bloods, Masquerade, and Revelations. Below are the book covers (they look really really good, don't they?)


The series is written by Melissa de la Cruz (she's Filipino, pure, I think) and I can't really say that she's that good of a writer. yet. The story's narrated based on the different characters' POVs and sometimes the switching is done with little indication beforehand which can get quite confusing. Plus, there's always overdescriptions of the characters' outfits which isn't really necessary (for me, anyway, since I'm mostly interested in the plot). Good thing I'm so in love with the story and the characters (some) that I'm willing to overlook its faults. :)

Since it involves vampires, I can't help but compare it to Twilight. However, I only noticed two things in common with the two series: vampires and the love triangle thing (no worries, no major spoiling harm done since it's quite obvious from the beginning. hehe). Blue Bloods is not as romantic and heart-fluttering as Twilight was. So in a way, I think it's more realistic. You don't get this super amazing perfect guy. Instead, you get one who/m you'll really gush about sometimes, and want to slap silly the next (talking 'bout Jack/Benjamin Force here, *sigh*). For all my praises about Blue Bloods, I still won't say it's better than Twilight. Hmm. Let me finish the series first. haha.

The next installment for the series (The Van Alen Legacy) comes out this September much to my impatient self's dismay. For now, I sustain my addiction by scrounging around the net for good fanfics (Jack/Schuyler! :D).

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Quintessential Babble Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by web hosting Vector by Artshare